The Ethical Society-- 2nd Floor Classroom
1906 Rittenhouse Square
Join JVP Philly to discuss selected essays from Jewish Voice for Peace's new volume, just out from Haymarket Books, On Antisemitism: Solidarity and the Struggle for Justice in Palestine.
We have a few copies of the book for sale, or you can order it online.
Haymarket says: "Jewish Voice for Peace has curated a collection of essays that provides a diversity of perspectives and standpoints. Each contribution explores critical questions concerning uses and abuses of antisemitism in the twenty-first-century, focusing on the intersection between anti-Semitism, accusations of anti-Semitism, and Palestinian human rights activism."
Feel free to read the whole book, or whatever chapters move you. Some chapters that the facilitators will be especially excited to talk about are:
Introduction by Rebecca Vilkomerson
Part I: Histories and Theories of Antisemitism
- Antisemitism Redefined: Israel’s Imagined National Narrative of Endless External Threat by Antony Lerman
- Palestinian Activism and Christian Antisemitism in the Church by Walt Davis
- Black and Palestinian Lives Matter: Black and Jewish America in the Twenty-First Century by Chanda Prescod-Weinstein
- Antisemitism, Palestine, and the Mizrahi Question by Tallie Ben Daniel
Part II: Confronting Antisemitism and Islamophobia
- Trump, the Alt-right, Antisemitism, and Zionism by Arthur Goldwag
- “Our Liberation Is Intertwined”: An Interview with Linda Sarsour
- Who Am I to Speak? by Aurora Levins Morales
- Captured Narratives by Rev. Graylan Hagler
- European Antisemitism: Is It “Happening Again”? by Rabbi Brant Rosen
Part III: Fighting False Charges of Antisemitism
- Two Degrees of Separation: Israel, Its Palestinian Victims, and the Fraudulent Use of Antisemitism by Omar Barghouti
- Antisemitism on the American College Campus in the Age of Corporate Education, Identity Politics, and Power-Blindness by Orian Zakai
- Let the Semites End the World! On Decolonial Resistance, Solidarity, and Pluriversal Struggle by Alexander Abbasi
- Building toward the Next World by Rabbi Alissa Wise